Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > What Was the Single, Worst Civilian Atrocity in the Civil War?

What Was the Single, Worst Civilian Atrocity in the Civil War? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 20th, 2008 03:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
61st Post
ole

Mana: 

Obviously(?), the Sultana was an accident rather than an atrocity...Agreed. It was careless negligence that so many were on board, but the boiler blowing can only be called an accident -- unless you give credence to the idea that one of those Confederade coal torpedoes was in the hopper.

Posted: Thu Nov 20th, 2008 05:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
62nd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

I agree Ole. It was extreme negligence. They were loaded on board so tightly they couldn't move around. The ship was way over loaded. I have read about the idea of a coal torpedo and don't think that was the cause. Just think it was a horrible accident. I have to say I misread the thread when I posted it here . Like the picture. Looks more like you now than the other one. Or should I say looks more like you did in August.

Posted: Thu Nov 20th, 2008 06:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
63rd Post
ole

Mana: 

Miss Susan: Wait until Perryville. The beard is only about 1.5 inches now. Ought to be about 6 inches in June unless dear one intervenes. She gets weary (women do get weary, wearin' the same...... never mind.) of being seen with a tramp. But after 25 years, she's adjusted. Guess its my innate charm.

Ole

Current time is 10:27 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > What Was the Single, Worst Civilian Atrocity in the Civil War?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2993 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 25 queries executed.