Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Free Map - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jul 25th, 2009 03:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
TimK

Mana: 

Any map ordered from the web site:

http://www.trailheadgraphics.com

will come with a free Pea Ridge NMP map. No need to order the Pea Ridge map - it will automatically be included. If you have questions, go to the "Contact Us" page at the Trailhead Graphics site for telephone numbers and an email address.

In addition, 10% of all online sales until December 31, 2009 will be donated to CWi to help support such a great tool in the Civil War information community.

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2009 06:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
TimK

Mana: 

I hate to be the guy that just hops on these sites just to sell, but to give an update, I think Joe will be happy with the donation at the end of the year.

On another note, I just got back from a few days at Shiloh and the Parkers Crossroads to Brices Crossroads area. Although 90% of the time I was at Shiloh I was either poring over maps in the conference room or old photos in the archives, I did find a little time to get out in the field. I thoroughly enjoyed the new Indian Mounds trail, and I was lucky enough to see one of the bald eagles that has taken up residence in the Park. I really do love this area. I was hoping to do a little of the Lew Wallace trail as Joe did, but I simply ran out of time. Now I have yet another reason to go back.

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2009 07:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Damn Tim, why didn't you let me know you were going to Parker's Crossroads? I live less than 5 miles from there - would have treated you to lunch.

BTW, your Shiloh map is great! Bought it in the Shiloh bookstore our last trip there a few weeks ago and it made following Cleburne's route very easy.

Glad you got to see the Indian mound improvements - it's looking nice (except that when we were there that new pavilion was totally infested by wasps). Did you travel the newly opened River road? Folks can finally see the 100 ft bluff the way the Union soldiers saw it, along with great views of Dill Creek ravine on the left.

Posted: Tue Aug 18th, 2009 02:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Joe - I knew I was probably pretty close when I saw Huntingdon and Parkers Crossroads were the same interstate exit. I'll be sure to let you know when I go back - free lunches are always the tastiest.

I also did have a chance to see the newly opened River Road. I walked from the VC along the road to get to the Indian Mounds trail. The first thing I noticed was that Dill Branch (even on a smoothed out road) was a lot easier to walk 10-15 years ago. I liked where the Park placed a couple new guns at Dill Branch to represent the Tyler and Lexington gun boats. It is one one the many beautiful places in that park. As nice as Colorado is, we don't have any rivers that look anything like the Tennessee.

Posted: Mon Dec 21st, 2009 11:17 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Thank you CWi for letting me initially post this, and thank you to everyone that bought a map online. I sincerely appreciate the work Joe and Laurie do in keeping me up to date on all CW news, and letting me use the discussion board to both ask questions and get answers. I wish them well in the upcoming year.

As promised in the initial post, a donation has been made.

Thank you CWi for this fantastic web site and all the work you do in maintaining it!!

Current time is 02:07 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1503 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 24 queries executed.