Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New CWi Section - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue May 30th, 2006 02:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Wanted to let you all know that we have added a new section to Civil War Interactive's LinkCentral. Blogging the Civil War: A Comprehensive Guide to Civil War Blogs" can be found here. It amazes me how much raw talent is out there, and how the blog forum allows them to express that talent.

I would encourage all to visit the blogs listed, and participate by commenting on the posts. It really is a shame that so much opportunity for exchange exists, with very few taking advantage of it. We have the same problem here... over 250 members of this board with a mere fraction posting or opening threads ;) Anyway, check it out...you'll be glad you did!

Last edited on Tue May 30th, 2006 02:17 am by javal1

Posted: Tue May 30th, 2006 01:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
bschulte
Siege of Petersburg Fan

Mana: 

As an author of one of the blogs, I wanted to thank you guys for posting that round-up.  Drew Wagenhoffer made me aware of it several days ago.  And I definitely encourage people to comment.  We're all pretty nice guys.  If you disagree with something I say, by all means let me hear it!

Brett

Posted: Tue May 30th, 2006 06:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Dreww

Mana: 

I certainly encourage and appreciate all comments on CWBA (http://cwba.blogspot.com/).  Perhaps part of the problem with generating discussion is readers have so many different venues to choose from and many have their own favorites with little time for others.

Last edited on Tue May 30th, 2006 07:01 pm by Dreww

Posted: Tue May 30th, 2006 07:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome Drew. Looks like the URL you posted got messed up a bit. Drew's blog can be found here, or....

http://cwba.blogspot.com/ 

Posted: Wed May 31st, 2006 01:38 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Dreww

Mana: 

Two tries and I still didn't get it right.  thanks for fixing it for me.

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2006 02:26 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Brian Downey

Mana: 

Let me add my thanks, Joe, for creating the CWI Blog listing - I agree there are a lot of good things going on online these days, particularly on the Civil War era. 

On comments: I expect all bloggers would like to have more direct participation from readers, but don't have high expectations.  I'd guess most of us are satisfied if we've put anything out there that's even worth reading.

Even though there may be few comments, I think there's actually quite a bit of give and take going on, as we read and react to each other in our own posts.   Look for trackbacks, links, and other references in blog posts for evidence of this.

It's a fairly small community, still, and we all read one another and have regular visitors, so I don't think much is going unnoticed ...

Last edited on Thu Jun 1st, 2006 02:26 am by Brian Downey

Posted: Thu Jun 1st, 2006 02:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Brian - to tell you the truth, I just discovered your blog, and the others, while writing the article. I have been aware of your website, Antietam On The Web, since its inception, I believe we started the same year, 1996. Watching the maturation of your site, and your skills as a webmaster, has been a thrill. For those who aren't webmasters, it's probably hard to understand the work involved in making a site like yours standards compliant, but trust me - it's impressive. As one who uses FrontPage, we gave up dreams of compliance ages ago :X Behind the scenes however, I've been messing with a CMS (Joomla), with an eye towards cutting the FrontPage cord. Anyway, wanted to let you know that your work on AOTW doesn't go unappreciated. Take care...

Posted: Fri Jun 2nd, 2006 07:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
Brian Downey

Mana: 

Thanks for all the kind words, Joe.  I know I speak for lots of folks when I say we all appreciate what you do for the study of the War and for the online ACW community as well.  My hat's off to you!

Current time is 08:11 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3232 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 25 queries executed.