Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Manassas Battlefield Ghosts - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 22nd, 2014 04:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Flint2

Mana: 

Norse mythology describes the Battle of Heodenings, where two phantom armies fight for all eternity, the dead rising daily to renew the fight afresh. Is something like this happening on the Civil War battlefield at Manassas, Virginia?

Paula Ann Kirby, author of A Yankee Roams at Dusk, describes two types of hauntings that may be occurring at Manassas, (1) residual hauntings, which are a manifestation of stored up energy replaying endlessly like an old movie, and (2) intelligent hauntings, which are rare instances in which ghosts try to interact with the living.

http://timetravel21.blogspot.com/2014/05/manassas-battlefield-ghosts.html

Posted: Fri May 23rd, 2014 03:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Keep in mind Flint that many of the war's battlefields are supposed to be haunted. And I've heard of at least a few where Federal and Confederate troops are reported as being locked in battle. My personal guess is the majority would indeed be residual. Reports of ghosts tied to the battlefields where the ghosts do appear to interact with the living usually don't include the ghosts busy fighting each other. Rather it's like you come across a lost soldier, or sentries, or officers or soldiers (or civilians) in camp or a building. The actual fighting on the battlefield is usually reported as being like watching a movie or listening to a record/tape/cd/MP3. It always starts around the same time and it is almost always the same each time, as f psychically imprinted into the battlefield itself to be replayed at a later date. That's residual.

But I for one do thank you for this since I am fascinated with th ghost story aspect of the war.

Current time is 12:29 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2938 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 24 queries executed.