Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > My article, renamed "A BRAND NEW DARK AGE == IF the United States Had LOST Her Civil War

My article, renamed "A BRAND NEW DARK AGE == IF the United States Had LOST Her Civil War - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 7th, 2014 03:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Decian

Mana: 

Friends,

My blog article, linked below, was renamed from my earlier post here (under a slightly different name), and has undergone many, drastic changes -- as have I.

1. The maturation must NEVER stop -- and feedback from earlier readers has certainly aided the process -- and I'm grateful, even if I don't agree with all of them. And, even those, with whom I disagreed, gave me invaluable insights which I needed and wanted.

2. I came to realize that the earlier blog-posting which this wonderful web-site enabled me to publicize -- (I'm a big Civil War buff) -- was much too harshly judgmental of the Southern cause. I was staring so closely, that I accidentally let the details carry me away from the all-important, much bigger picture and into error.

3. I now understand that that was the EXACTLY wrong way to proceed. "Judge not, lest ye be judged" is a much better way to go, I believe. None of us lived during those times and cannot possibly know all the circumstances that drove them -- though we try our mightiest.

4. MY FONDEST HOPE -- AND MAIN REASONS FOR THE WRITING -- ARE TO TRY TO HELP THE HEALING, POINT OUT SOME SIGNIFICANT, EVEN EXCITING THINGS THAT MAY HAVE MISSED OUR NOTICE, AND TO INSURE A HAPPIER NATIONAL UNION -- FOR THE REST OF OUR DAYS.

5. So, I have softened my tone -- TO REFLECT HOW I REALLY FEEL ABOUT OUR COUNTRYMEN -- to allow for and point out the fact that there was another overriding point of view, worthy of serious consideration -- which was crucially important to the final result -- the America that now blesses us -- for that struggle produced a much stronger nation -- far better prepared to deal with whatever life has yet to throw at us -- of this, I'm absolutely certain. Everyone played a vital part -- in producing the astounding results.

6. So, friends, if you can bring yourselves to take another look, I hope you will feel that I treated my fellow Americans far more justly -- and will better understand why I wrote it. Please continue to feedback to me and help me deepen my understanding even further.

http://vnylcitygov.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-new-age-of-darkness-if-united-states.html

Last edited on Wed Jul 9th, 2014 03:03 pm by Decian

Posted: Tue Jul 8th, 2014 01:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Decian

Mana: 

AFTERNOTE: I found some "muddy" areas, early this morning. I think I fixed them. This work is so broad and sweeping that it needs constant "fixing." I need to keep doing so, till it's just right.

As far as I'm concerned, the stakes -- for one man to pursue -- couldn't be much higher. I'm trying my best to be a catalyst -- toward the greatest possible good for the greatest possible numbers.

Last edited on Tue Jul 8th, 2014 01:51 pm by Decian

Current time is 09:47 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > My article, renamed "A BRAND NEW DARK AGE == IF the United States Had LOST Her Civil War

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2925 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 25 queries executed.