Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Obligatory PPT - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 28th, 2006 09:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
MAubrecht

Mana: 

Ha ha! VERY funny guys!

I just saw my blog teaser on the CWi site... "We sorrow to see the words "PowerPoint" in an otherwise excellent post, but are resigned to the fact that this is nearly obligatory nowadays."

Believe me I KNOW. Nowadays, I just use a laptop w/ it to broadcast pictures (like a slide projector) - BUT back in the day ('94-'00) I was doing interactive PowerPoints w/ embedded video and 3d animations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff presentations given by the ATRC Officer Training Staff. Oh those were the days!

and BTW...

Do you know who authored the United States Navy AEGIS Training and Readiness Centers official "PowerPoint/Electronic Classroom Standards and Style Guide: N32 Color and Concepts" yeah... that would be me. I left that off my resume... for obvious reasons.

Posted: Sat Jul 29th, 2006 01:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
calcav

Mana: 

Navy AEGIS, wow that takes me back! I was on the test ship for that program long before it hit the fleet. I think I just dated myself.

Posted: Mon Jul 31st, 2006 02:42 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
David White

Mana: 

So you are responsible for all the DoD "Death by Power Point!!"  Curses on you for introducing such torture ;)  I hear it is the absolute worst torture inflicted at Gitmo.

Posted: Mon Jul 31st, 2006 03:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
MAubrecht

Mana: 

Guilty as charged David - although my stuff always looked good as I never used any of the "pre-template stuff" that comes with it. That was years ago - before it became the WMD (Weapon of Mass Distraction) that it is today. The officers at training school are issued that Style Guide - whether or not they use it is another story.

Like I said - I use it w/ a laptop as a slide projector for photos - ONLY because I can't carry one of those monster overhead projectors after 3 major back surgeries.

And calcav, I take it you were on a Spruance-class destroyer?

Posted: Tue Aug 1st, 2006 01:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
calcav

Mana: 

I was on the USS Norton Sound AVM-1. The ship that tested the radar & launchers before they went to the fleet. BTW the Spruance class never had the system, maybe that's why they all got decommed so fast. The only ships to have it have been the Aegis class cruisers and Burke class destroyers.

Posted: Tue Aug 1st, 2006 01:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
MAubrecht

Mana: 

I am familiar w/ the Norton Sound. I thought Spruance class were the first to "test" the primitive versions of the system (must be wrong?). I came on board in '94 so I only worked with CO's of the DDGs and CGs. 

Posted: Tue Aug 1st, 2006 02:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
calcav

Mana: 

I joined up in 78 and was on the "Snortin' Norton" from 79 to 83. She was an old converted sea plane tender from WWII. Gawd, I feel old!

Current time is 07:09 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3390 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 25 queries executed.