Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > GWTW/28th PA Band concert to benefit USS Constellation

GWTW/28th PA Band concert to benefit USS Constellation - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2006 02:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
ConstellationMarine

Mana: 

Greetings...

On December 2, we will hold a benefit for the USS Constellation at the historic Maryland Theater in Hagerstown, MD.

The event will begin with a concert by the 28th Penna. Regimental Band.  After a brief intermission, we will show Gone With the Wind on the "big screen" in this 1915 historic theater.

Ok....GWTW is not a CW documentary....but watching this American icon in a theater that existed in 1939 when it first came out, is a rare slice of Americana that we only rarely have the opportunity to experience in today's society.

Tickets are $25, and all proceeds go to the restoration of two Parrott Rifles to the ship's spar deck.

Tickets can be had by calling the theater during business hours at 301-790-2000, or visiting their website at http://www.mdtheatre.org and clicking on "Marquee".   Walk up sales are also available during business hours, and the box office will open at 6 pm  the night of the event for walk-up sales.

Please support this worthy event!

Thank you for your consideration.   Steve Bockmiller

Posted: Fri Nov 17th, 2006 12:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Welcome to the board and thanks for the post.  It sounds very ineresting and fun.  I would def. go if I lived closer.  I like Gone With the Wind:D

Fuller

Posted: Sat Nov 18th, 2006 06:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Widow

Mana: 

Hi, Constellation, is that your first name?  Or do we call you Marine for short?

That was an interesting post about the concert and movie in Hagerstown.  A worthy cause, for repairing the Parrotts.  Odd scheduling, to try to draw the Civil War community on the same night at the Luminary at Antietam.

The band playing on period instruments must be a terrific attraction.  I love that kind of music.  Patty

Posted: Tue Nov 21st, 2006 05:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
ConstellationMarine

Mana: 

We wondered about scheduling the same night as luminaries, but the entertainment and tourism pros we consulted believed that there wouldn't be much overlap...in other words....there would be those interested in the luminaries, and those interested in the movie...but not many would have been interested in both, putting them in a position to choose......or get in line at the luminaries early so they can make it up to Hagerstown by 7.

So, given the advice we got that there would be little if any conflict, we decided to move forward.

The name's Steve, by the way.

Thanks for reviewing my post.

Steve

Current time is 10:10 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > GWTW/28th PA Band concert to benefit USS Constellation

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.6511 seconds (34% database + 66% PHP). 25 queries executed.