Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

American civil war - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2007 12:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Ann (factasy.com)

Mana: 

Hello i wonder why people complain over website that not a american have done.
I would be happy if a person from a other country like the swedish history.

I are from sweden and i now that my English spelling not is correct but i try so good i can.

I have a website that act about the American civil war 1861-1865 (i have over 1000 page) and i have get a lot of information from usa but people complain over the spelling in that to.

I have had members in my Discussion Forum that have complain and i donĀ“t understant why the want to be members if them only want to complain.

What can i do that live in sweden and have swedish as first language.

Regards Ann

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2007 01:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Ann,

I think it is great that you have taken an interest in American history.  It is a shame if you have been getting personal complaints about your spelling.  I would like to think that if people understood you are Swedish, they would lay off a bit.  Heck, I've lived in America my whole life and my spelling stinks.  As far as Swedish history, maybe you could start some discussions in the "Other History" section here to educate us.  I am certain that 99% of the readers love history in general.

P.S. Your meatball recipe was delicious

Fuller

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2007 03:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
ole

Mana: 

Ann:

Some people live to complain about anything and everything. Happiness is pointing out the faults of others. And yes, your grammar and spelling are notably in the beginner stage; however, you are trying and learning and that's admirable. (I'd guess that if I were trying to communicate in Swedish, I'd be even worse.) Meanwhile, what you say comes across clearly -- that's the important thing. Ignore the little minds that nitpick spelling and grammar; you don't need them and their complaints do not devalue you as a learned, interesting friend.

Ole:D

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2007 11:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Kentucky_Orphan

Mana: 

Anyone who complains about your spelling is just like ole says, narrow minded. 100 dollars says that those who complain about your spelling have never tried to learn a second language! You should be complimented for trying to broaden your horizons!

Also, I think posting some Swedish history on this site would be a great idea. I agree with Fuller that most people would be interested in it, and that there is a general love of all kinds of  history (different time periods, different countries) among those who post here. I will be looking forward to it!

An American apologizing on behalf of the stupid portion of our population, with best wishes,

Kentucky

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2007 01:29 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Cap

Mana: 

Ann,

Don't let the complainers get you down....they are everywhere. I personally think it is great that someone from another country takes an interest in our history, especially such an important event as the American Civil War.

I have looked at your website and it is obvious a lot of hard work has gone into it. Your computer skills and command of a second language far exceed mine!

Cap

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Current time is 09:00 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3294 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 26 queries executed.