Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

New member needs help finding picture - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 02:19 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
VictorClark

Mana: 

Last edited on Tue Nov 24th, 2009 04:01 am by VictorClark

Posted: Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 08:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
LU Student

Mana: 

Victor,

I have an account on Ebay and I haven't seen that particular picture, but I will keep searching for it. I must say that I am very disturbed at this development because I believe that your family should keep their Civil War historical photographs.:(;)

Posted: Fri Oct 23rd, 2009 11:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
VictorClark

Mana: 

LU Student wrote: I must say that I am very disturbed at this development because I believe that your family should keep their Civil War historical photographs.

You're disturbed... HA :) Imagine the way I felt when I found out! I had tears welling up! :D

I sincerely hope one day to be able to reunite this picture with the pictures of the rest of his family.

regards,

Victor

Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2009 12:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Victor,

See if your mom can sign into her account and bring up past history of transactions. Don't know if they go back 4 years, but they go back pretty far. Also, does she remember the handle this Matt used in e-bay? If so she could look him up through the e-bay site. Other than that, can only wish you good luck.

Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2009 01:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
VictorClark

Mana: 

No, I already checked their E-bay account and there is no info that far back. I also tried to see if they had given or received feedback so that I could see the e-bay I.D. of Matt, but, unfortunately, they only had one or two feedbacks that year, and none were for the picture.

Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2009 01:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

OK - here's my last idea. 80% of e-bay transactions are done through Paypal. Ask her if this one was. I just checked my own Paypal account and it goes back to 1997. If so, have her go to her Paypal account summary and look for the link that says "View all account transactions". You'll have to play with the start and end date boxes, but it should be there.

If it wasn't through Paypal, it must have been a check. If so, have her check with her bank and see if she can get a copy of the check he sent.

Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2009 02:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
VictorClark

Mana: 

I already thought of that and checked their Paypal but no luck. My mother was pretty sure it was paid with by check, but she was not sure and did not have any record of it, but is still checking to see if she can find anything. He might have paid with moneyorder though which would not leave a paper trail.

regards,
Victor

Posted: Wed Nov 18th, 2009 03:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
VictorClark

Mana: 

Well I have been very lucky because my mother found another copy of this picture that she had forgotten about. I still hope to get the other one back though.

Current time is 05:57 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3312 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.