Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

I call myself Southern Blue - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 13th, 2010 02:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
southern blue

Mana: 

because I'm descended from 'those' people. Southern Union Loyalists. I never know who to hang out with at re-enactments. Culturally and geographically I fit with the southerners...but politically my family was with the Union. Kind of a mixed bag.

They lived  down in the mountain country of NC. Right now I live in the Shenandoah Valley and am enjoying the rich history that is all around me and the Civil War is one of my favorite ongoing interests. Its rather nice to just walk outside and see Signal Knob and Fisher's Hill but despite actually living here I still learn new things all the time.  I just recently took my first trip to Gettysburg and want to go back.

My interest tends toward the Partisans and Raiders and ruffians who operated for both sides.

Looking forward to learning more from you all.

Posted: Mon Sep 13th, 2010 04:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

Welcome! I spent some time in the Shenandoah Valley going to James Madison University. Its a beautiful area! I can't wait to settle down back there.

Mark

Posted: Tue Sep 14th, 2010 10:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

The Valley is beautiful...just chocked full of history and scenery. I spent a few days in Lexington this Summer. VMI, Jackson's house, Lee chapel, Washington and Lee, Jackson's grave site...great trip.

Current time is 02:22 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3011 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 24 queries executed.