Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

song on TV commercial - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Oct 14th, 2007 07:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

I usually don't get emotionally moved by TV commercials (unless they're from ESPN and they make me break into uncontrollable laughter), but does anybody else out there like those Liberty Mutual commercials with those pay-it-forward clips about helping each other as much as I do? And that song...

It's called "The Part Where You Let Go" by a group called Hem. I never heard of Hem, am still trying to get past the Beatles. I think the singer's name is Sally Ellyson.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GbOVQnx1JA&mode=related&search=

then check the post by darlahoney on the comments and responses on the youtube site.

This is my sentimental side and I offer no apologies.

Posted: Sun Oct 14th, 2007 08:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
ole

Mana: 

Do love those commercials, Pvt, but I must confess I did not notice the music behind it. The music I like is that on the FruitoftheLoom commercials. Very fetching. Don't know what it has to do with the commercials, but I very much like the music.

ole

Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2007 01:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

The song behind those ads is very touching. It has a kind of country arrangement, but not a blatant country arrangement. Very subtle. I have never heard of Hem, but I would like to hear more from them.

The latest fruitoftheloom ad was shown only in movies as far as I know.  I love the words to the song and was very surprised to see Vince Gill, a well respected country artist singing the song. I wonder if he composed it. I love the lyrics. They are funny and moving at the same time. The name of the song is "Daddy Was the Aplle of My Eye" and talks about such things as "brief memories." Very funny on two different levels.

You can see the full video at:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/vince-gill/160222/daddy-was-the-apple-of-my-eye.jhtml 

Last edited on Mon Oct 15th, 2007 01:38 am by CleburneFan

Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2007 02:56 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
booklover

Mana: 

Personally, I miss Spuds McKenzie.+_))..

Seriously, I like those commercials also, even though I don't particularly care for country music. It's amazing (and a little sad) that most kids probably have better memories for things like that then they do for history.)(_

Best
Rob

Posted: Wed Oct 24th, 2007 08:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

My new favorite )(90 is the bud commerical were the guys go to the Opera with thier wives and bring bud in bottles.
=+++

Last edited on Wed Oct 24th, 2007 08:27 pm by younglobo

Current time is 03:43 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3066 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 25 queries executed.