Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Bread Pudding - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jan 28th, 2008 08:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

JR

Here's my bread pudding, actually from The Palace Cafe in New Orleans. One bit of advice is to use day old Italian bread rather than French which sucks up too much of the liquid prior to baking and makes the end product too dry. (don't agree with the recipe in that all the bread should absorb all the mixture). haven't used a whiskey or rum sauce for the white chocolate bread pudding but will have to give a try. For the rum or whiskey sauces thers's a lot out there, foodtv.com is where I got mine. Let me know how it turns out. Enjoy.

3 cups whipping cream
10 ounces white chocolate
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
8 egg yolks
1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces and dried in the oven
2 tablespoons chocolate shavings for garnish
Heat the cream in a double boiler and add the white chocolate; when the chocolate is melted, remove from heat.
In a double boiler, heat the milk, sugar, eggs and egg yolks until warm. Blend the egg mixture into the cream and chocolate mixture.

Place the bread slices in a baking pan. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the bread and let settle for a while, making sure the bread soaks up all the mixture. Top with the rest of the mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown

Posted: Mon Jan 28th, 2008 09:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
ole

Mana: 

Oh, wow, Doc! Yummy. That's an extra inch on the waist (or butt) for sure!

ole

Posted: Mon Jan 28th, 2008 10:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Moderation my man, Moderation. For anyone traveling to N.O. - The Palace Cafe - chocolate bread pudding, Mr. B's (incredible barbeque shrimp), Brennans i.e. sazeracs, Dickeys Steakhouse, etc. - are all great restaurants of the Brennan family and you won't have to sell the family farm to go to as you would if going to Commanders Palace (don't get me wrong, probably the #1 restaurant in the USA). For any future travelers have for years had a low cost to sell your mama listing of restaurants in N.O., if anyone is interested just let me know, would be happy to add a couple of inches to your waistline.

Doc C

Last edited on Mon Jan 28th, 2008 10:35 pm by Doc C

Current time is 11:58 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3036 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 25 queries executed.