Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 11th, 2008 03:19 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
61st Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

ok so does anyone else want to put a gernade in the 18 car or something , now I know how Gordon haters felt when he was winning so much ( ahhh the good old days)
*waves hands*

Yeah, me!!#%$# I'm sick of him already, and the season's only three races old!!

Posted: Thu Mar 13th, 2008 02:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
62nd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

What i hate is TV making a big deal out of it , oh i knew he would be gunnin hard after HR gave him the boot. But if I had to choose between him and JR I choose JR.

Posted: Thu Mar 13th, 2008 02:15 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
63rd Post
kj3553

Mana: 

It's the usual deal, announcers latching onto whoever's got the hot hand and driving it into the ground. Yeah, I figured the Little Bush had something to prove to HR, and whether I like him or not, he is talented. That aside, I'd take Jr. over Kyle any day, too!!

Posted: Thu Mar 13th, 2008 02:17 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
64th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i cant stand them Bush brothers. they seem like arrogent little twerps

Posted: Fri Mar 14th, 2008 03:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
65th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ahh its all good Saturday is my favorite race of the year Bristol Night Race baby!!

Posted: Sat Mar 15th, 2008 07:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
66th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"ahh its all good Saturday is my favorite race of the year Bristol Night Race baby!!"

My sentiments exactly!   Cain't stop smiling just thinking about it, Bristol, yummy, anything cain happen!

As for you Rowdy Busch haters, I giggle in your general direction.  I think that we are watching the rise of A Great One, and I am treasuring every minute of it. 

There was Senior; There was Jeffie;  now there is Rowdy Busch.  Love him or hate him, I think he is destined to be one of the TRUE GREATS of NASCAR.  (Once every generation one comes along???)

Posted: Sat Mar 15th, 2008 02:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
67th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

JOANIE!!!!

Man, when you disappear, you really fall off the face of the earth (which I believe is located somewhere near East Lansing, right?). But when you come back, it's with all 8 cylinders. And apparently in a Toyota. :shock:

Posted: Sat Mar 15th, 2008 04:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
68th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ok IM a dork and NO one caught me this is my second favorite race this Sunday Bristol DAY race

Posted: Sun Mar 16th, 2008 01:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
69th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"ok IM a dork and NO one caught me this is my second favorite race this Sunday Bristol DAY race "

Haha - YOU GOT ME, which makes me a dork, too!  I read what you wrote about the night race, and thought, "Geez, I'm such a dork, I thought this weekend was the Bristol Sunday DAY race!".

Right after I posted, I went to the online schedule to double-check.  Boy, was I disappointed when I saw that you were wrong and this weekend was the DAY race - you had me all happy-excited for about 15 minutes, thinking I'd be be watching Bristol at night tonight! =+++

So, I think somehow, I come out as the biggest dork, as you just made a mistake, but I got all excited about it....

Geez, The Nationwide was a real mess today...... boo-hiss!

Posted: Sun Mar 16th, 2008 03:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
70th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"And apparently in a Toyota. :shock:"

While I can apparently somehow indulge in enough denile and self-deception to accept my favorite drivers riding to victory in stock cars that say "toyota" on them, I myself refuse to be caught dead in one....

Sigh.  This may take years of psychotherapy to work through. 

OR,  NOT!!!!=+++

Go Smoke! Go Rowdy!  ....I don't care if they're racing tricycles made in China, they're still my drivers! 

And, since its the COT, it don't matter if it says Chevy, Dodge, Ford, or Toyota, they're all out of the exact same mold....that's the great thing about the COT - any sort of auto-maker individuality is NOT allowed, it's just how good the engine-making (power-drive?)  team is.  No real glory for any factory-name auto-maker allowed.  Just, how good are the engineers that make the innards....could be that a team of GM engineers are putting the GO in the cars that say "toyota" on the outside.

Cookie-cutter cars on the outside, all to the exact specifications.  Brand name is just extranous, except for whose providing the financial support now.  Or, is this just my self-deception?

Opinions welcome and encouraged!

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sun Mar 16th, 2008 03:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
72nd Post
fedreb

Mana: 

As this thread appears to be about motor racing, anyone notice that the Formula 1 Grand Prix season started today with Lewis Hamilton winning in Australia?

Posted: Sun Mar 16th, 2008 06:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
73rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Well, here it is, 60 laps into the Bristol race (always been my favorite), and I've quit watching.

They've totally ruined Bristol. There were things about that track that made it special and unique. They've removed them all. The surface, which always used to put tire wear into the game - re-surfaced. The narrowness that always kept it a bump and be bumped track - widened. The bump in turn two which added yet another element to the race - grated down.

I've about had it with NASCAR. First they take good tracks off the circuit. Then they replace them with generic cookie-cutter tracks like Texas, California and Kansas. Now the few tracks that are left that had some uniqueness are being ruined. Bah...

Posted: Sun Mar 16th, 2008 09:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
74th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

I'm with you, Joe. Dang boring race for Bristol. Pretty boring race for NASCAR, all round.

However, I did see something I'd never seen before: Smoke on the verge of tears. Seriously. Check out his post-race interview. Wow.

FedReb -Thanks for the update! I'm not a fan of open-wheel racing, but I sure do think highly of Louis Hamilton!

Posted: Mon Mar 17th, 2008 01:59 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
75th Post
Gunner

Mana: 

I'm a Dale JR. fan. But to see Smoke get spun-out like that was just...just...well you all get my drift. And don't get me started about GOODYEAR!

Posted: Mon Mar 17th, 2008 06:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
76th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

The thing about the spin-out:   Well, Smoke and Kevin Harvick are really good buddies.  In fact, Kevin is waxing Tony's back tomorrow on Smoke's radio program - the end result of Kevin getting his fans to raise the better part of $100,000.00 for Tony's charity.  No way Kevin did that on purpose.  But it was so.... well, odd!  Seeing Smoke well up with tears during his post-race interview, and then wipe one away as he turned from the camera.  I had to re-play it three times before I could really take it in. 

Just another sign that this year's Sprint Cup is a different animal, and one very unlike the NASCAR I have come to know and love.  I feel like the real Sprint Cup has been hi-jacked and some totally lame alternative cup series put in it place.  Cookie-cutter cars, cookie-cutter tracks, and oh, yes....the tires....

To quote Denny Hamlin, "Sad."

Gunner - Your man Junior is one of my bright spots this year.  Smoke's my driver, but that doesn't stop me from being a fan of Junior's. (or Rowdy's. Or Bobby Lebonte's)

Last edited on Mon Mar 17th, 2008 07:41 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri Mar 28th, 2008 04:27 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
77th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Martinsville paperclip time.  Do I feel my poor little heart a'beaten faster?

Les-see, this week there are no track "improvements" to ruin the race.  That's good.

However, there is that dang COToday and the Goodyear tires to make a race out of.  Well, they both have performed well before, maybe they'll be some magic in them this week.

Otherwise, I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Sprint Cup race.  The Truck race, on the other hand.....I'll be watchin with glee.  Rowdy Busch and Christy Wallace, should be good....

So, anyone got any predictions for Sunday?  I'm going to go outside my usual box and guess Denny Hamlin is The Boy to watch this week.

Won't surprise me at all if my dearly beloved Smoke takes the cake, or if Junior gets the first victory for Hendricks this year.  Of course, if Kyle doesn't crash or have a major malfunction, he'll pro'bly win.

But this may be the week of Jeffie's 2008 comeback.  When it comes to him and Jimmie, well it wouldn't bother me at all to see Jeffie take another trophy (it's no fun rootin against him if he's beatin himself)  and Jimmie to either drive backwards or make a big ol' right turn at the first left.  Go, Jeff.  Stop, Jimmie, LOL!

Geez, I hope this one feels as little more like NASCAR....

Last edited on Fri Mar 28th, 2008 04:28 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri Mar 28th, 2008 03:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
78th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ok time for the Martinsville day race the  3rd on my top 5 track list. Guess I didnt see all the bad in the bristol race, was it a bristol of old no, I think that the 3 car made alot of the old bristol highlights LOL and sure do miss that. Remember the one fondly when sir spun out Terry Labonte for the win since my wife is a avid TL fan lol she still gets heated when you see the old footage of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m99LLWzyuZo&feature=related

One thing I do miss is the old announcers Eli Gold from TNN days was one of the best IMO , also Ned Jarret watched him announce when his boy won daytona ,was a cool moment in NASCAR history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxALDCoY1jk&NR=1

of course they all pale to jeff's 1st daytona win

My announce team would be Eli Gold , Ned Jarrett and Benny Parsons (of course Parsons passed of cancer last year RIP ) I hate these new announcers for the new nascar era only one I like is Waltrip and Maybe Hammon on a good day. The Rest are to coporate for me.

Anyway guess the Bristol race wasnt so bad for me ,yes nascar has changed but some of it is for the good, do agree with alot reb and javal have posted but I have been a fan since forever so wont be going anywhere , of course any race my dad and I get to watch together uninterupted is great which was the case of the last bristol.

Posted: Sun May 4th, 2008 03:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
79th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting sick and tired of watching Kyle Busch week in and week out running over everybody in sight. He may be talented, but he's reckless, and doesn't seem to give a damn about anybody or anything else.

Posted: Mon May 5th, 2008 02:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
80th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

KJ >> I agree KB should of been fined but it seems he is the posterboy for the NASCAR TV crews now so he gets the spot light even got  a new nickname "Wildthing" I dont like him or his style of racing. Bet JR gets even though.

Current time is 11:28 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4567 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.