Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

What to do with 8 tattoo's - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 02:17 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

has anybody ever wondered what Junior fans are gonna do with the red #8 tatoos they got? his color is green now so ya cant go add another beside it.  is everyone that has them gonna go get a green 88 put underneath the old on an just tell the story when they get asked bout them or what?

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 02:31 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

This would rank among the most minor problems on earth.

However if it is a problem for some folks, can't they go to a tattoo shop and have the color changed? Or, if not, have green 8 on one arm and red 8 on the other. Then everyone will know they have been loyal, long-time Earnhart fans.

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 02:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

your right. but hey idle chit chat is always fun to talk about

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 04:33 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

One of the reasons why not to get such tatoos in the first place. 

Susan

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 04:45 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ole

Mana: 

I've heard a butane torch works.

ole

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 04:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

My friend in South Carolina has offered to remove several tatoos with salt and sandpaper.  He says it works.

Susan

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 06:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

yeah but it most likely hurt like h*** and do not ever fall for the old salt and ice trick it burns.

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 06:59 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

and it doesn't hurt to get it in the first place?

Susan

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 02:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

of course it hurts. but we gotta show who we pull for.

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 03:03 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Never did understand that .

Susan

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 03:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
booklover

Mana: 

Ah to be young again...wait, even at my most foolish I never did anything like that when I was young (of course, the scream my mother would have made had she seen me with a tattoo could have been heard over five counties!).

Best
Rob

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 03:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Rob, I was at Disneyland with some young friends a few years ago.  I was sitting waiting for them while they rode one of the rides I cannot ride.  I was people watching .  When the young people came out of the ride I said to them.  I have an observation.  I am so glad I won't be around when this generation gets old.  They will be such ugly old people when all their tatoos start to sag .  They cracked up.

susan

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 08:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Bama

My favorite former student is the daughter of a friend of many many years before she was born.   This young lady in her mid twenties while in college got the tatoo in the small of her back.  her whole sorority did that .  Then she meets me for the theatre one night and shows me her new tat around her ankle . It was in honor of her grandmothe who just died.  I knew the grandmother a very conservative woman.  I can't imagine her grandmother would have thought it was a good idea. 

I have another friend who has always loved tatoos .  She is my age in her 60's   She in the last few years has gone all out with tatoos.  She acts in community theatre.  It is now hard for costumers to cover the tats.

Oh by the way I have one tatoo.  I earned it.  It is the marker for radiation treatment for breast cancer .  One tiny little dot.  I think there is another dot on the side somewhere but don't know where it is I have not seen it .  lol.  You should see the look on friends faces when I tell them I have a tatoo.

My father had two tatoos on his arm.  a little bluebird with a note in its beak and below it a dagger going in and out of his arm.  That dagger always scared me so much.   If my dad was sleeveless I always aproached him from the right side .  I did not want to look at it.  Funny as he aged the tatoos disappeared.  Different kind of ink than they use now I have heard.

I also have a friend that survived two major hurricanes in St. Thomas .  She and some friends got drunk one day and went to the tatoo parlor to get hurricane symbols tatooed in honor of surviving.  The only criteria for her is they could not show even in a bathing suit.  Well she should have checked further.  They used a red dye and it is made of Shell fish.  When she lived in the islands it didn't bother her but she says the skin gets irritated and she can feel the swelling around the tats now that she lives back in the Central Valley where she is allergic to everything .  She has always been allergic to Shell fish. 

Susan

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2008 01:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i would get one on my arm or back or something. but only one. people just dont know how bad being covered with them looks

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2008 01:37 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Bama we are in total agreement on this issue.  I know Marines that have Bulldogs on their arms etc.  I understand that.  You are so right that is different.   But the complete arms and legs that I see around here and Necks even. way too much. 

Oh well we did crazy things too when we were young but the only permanent thing I did was have my roommate pierce my ears . One hole in each ear.

Susan

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2008 01:44 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
18th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i have my ears pierced once. i want two more in each ear plus one in the top of my left ear

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2008 01:50 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
19th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Why?

Posted: Tue Feb 19th, 2008 01:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
20th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

it looks cool thats why. plus ive wanted them for as long as i can remember

Current time is 12:05 amPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4154 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 27 queries executed.