Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

20 Greatest Redneck Moments - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Apr 12th, 2008 03:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

CMT (yall know what that is right) counted down the most memorable redneck moments. some of yall city folk might not be able to relate to our glorious lack of sophistication but there is a lot of people (especially from the south that will)

20. Faith fusses at friendly fan.  ok some one grabbed Tim McGraw and she cussed them out on stage. the best part is she never stopped dancin while she did it. now thats class.

19. Bill Monroe gives a Bible thumpin'. Bill Monroe supposedly hit his ex with a Bible. it became a big thang but that was before my time so i dont know that much about it.

18. Hee Haw premiers. Hee Haw is one of the best shows. its so simple and the jokes are kinda corny but there was some great singers on there and it was funny

17. Dick Cheney goes huntin.  Dick Cheney shot his huntin buddy in the face while they were huntin. well i dont wanna go huntin anywhere near Dick Cheney.

16. Achy Breaky dance craze.  Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart song is just about the only one anybody remembers him singin. its a great song to sing to and i swear to this day i know people that still line dance to that song.

15. Gretchen Wilson releases Redneck Woman. the theame song for a lot of women. it is one of the few songs that say "you know what this is who i am and im proud of it"

14. The Dollar Store. the dollar store is the rednecks Macy's. you walk in there with 50$ and you get 50 thangs. how great is that?

13. Dukes fest. a place where you meet the cast of the Dukes of Hazzard (the real cast not the movie) wreck cars and have fun. one day ill get to one of the Dukes Fests.

12. C.W. McCall rolls out Convoy. that has to be one of my favorite songs ever. that is the song that made truck drivin cool.

11. Big Mouth Billy Bass. the sangin fish. i have one plus the sangin duck and deer head. everybody need one of these. they amuse me for hours.

10. Urban Cowboy Fashions. the cowboy look inspired by John Travolta in Urban Cowboy. that look followed the whote suits from Stayin Alive

9. Billy Beer. President Carters little brother invinted Billy Beer. he had to have beeen so proud of him. some of you older members might remember this.

8. Jerry Lee Lewis' Baby Marriage. 30 some year old Jerry Lee married his 13 year old cousin Myra and when people heard about that his career went down the toilet. personally i dont see what everybody got their panties in a knot over. they were keepin it in the family and age shouldnt matter in a relationship.

7. Hank Jr. gets rowdy. the party that inspired the video All My Rowdy Friends Are Comin Over Tonight. that has to be one of his best songs and i know all the words to it.

6. George Jones Lawnmower Ride. nothing more has to be said. George Jones ridin his lawnmower to the liquer store. now thats a dedicated alcholic

5. Blue Collar Comedy Tour kicks off. Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry The Cable Guy and Ron White four of the best commedians celebrating rednecks and all the stuff we do.

4. Mullets sweep the nation. business in the front and party in the back. the mullet says hey im employable but i also know how to have a good time. it aint the prettyest hairdo but its good for men women and children

3. 1st double wide ever made. most people live in these thangs and i aint knockin it cause i live in one to. i think it said they came out in the 40's and have been popular ever sinse.

2. Moonshine runners invint NASCAR. personally i think this oughta been number one. the best sport ever made is NASCAR. its a Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

1. Jeff Foxworthy says You Might Be A Redneck. it aint no you night for me its i AM a redneck and proud of it. the best part of Foxworthy is he speaks the truth but he makes it funny.

now yall comment all ya want to. i thew my thoughts in here and there but i also used some of the stuff they said on tv.

Last edited on Tue Apr 15th, 2008 06:06 pm by Dixie Girl

Posted: Mon Apr 14th, 2008 04:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
booklover

Mana: 

Dixie,

My mother loved Hee Haw, and transferred that love to me. I think one of the funniest scenes on that show was when Junior Samples tried to say "trigonometry". My sides ached from laughing so hard.

Best
Rob

Posted: Mon Apr 14th, 2008 05:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
David White

Mana: 

sorry to offend

Last edited on Wed Apr 16th, 2008 02:30 pm by David White

Posted: Mon Apr 14th, 2008 06:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

never mind

Last edited on Thu Apr 17th, 2008 01:40 am by Dixie Girl

Posted: Tue Apr 15th, 2008 05:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ole

Mana: 

This is getting extremely tacky. Nevertheless, I'm obliged to kick in.

Toothpaste was invented in the south. Had it been otherwise invented, it would have been teethpaste. Badahbing! Rim shot.
ole

Posted: Tue Apr 15th, 2008 06:07 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

well ole we're tacky and proud of it.

Posted: Tue Apr 15th, 2008 07:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

My southern ancestors were anything but tacky.  They came to America before the Revolution.  They worked the land , moved into the wilderness first in the Carolinas.  When time came they volunteered and fought in the Revoultion .  One of them at King's Mountain as a South Carolina Militia Captain. 

After the Revolution they moved west opening the wilderness up to settlement , working the land as farmers.   They lived in Tennessee , Mississippi and Arkansas.  All of them farmers , some had large farms , some small.  some scarped to make aliving . others were owners of large acres of land with large home , growing acres of cotton.

When the time came they answered the call of the Confederacy and fought in various units. 

After the War one of my anscesters moved on into Indian Territory.  One female ran a school in her home for her own children and others .  One branch became leading citizens of Memphis and Collierville.  They still own the large farm the Confederate Soldier owned.  This modern day cousin's grandfather was the Mayor of Memphis at one time, Her mother a leading art teacher and author in the City.

Another ancestor went on to Texas and founded a newspaper ran it for over 50 years.  His female children became a lawyer , principal and children's author, and the youngest a high school teacher .

My mother's father was a carpenter who died quite young , his daughter my mother worked hard to go to school during the depression graduating with high honors.  She became a math teacher and later a 6th grade teacher. 

None of these people would I consider to be tacky.  I am proud of my southern ancestory and don't think of them as being tacky nor would I brag about being tacky.

They all worked hard to better themselves or make it easier on the next generation to go futher in their lives.  Some make great sacrifices . 

Susan

Posted: Tue Apr 15th, 2008 08:15 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
ole

Mana: 

Miss Susan: Your people are our people. They made this country what it is. Wish I had such backing me up.

Tacky is what I consider the joking about joe six pack and trailer trash. Joe, and those living in a modular double-wide, are the bottom line heart of this country. They are not the leavings.

ole

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue Apr 15th, 2008 09:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Bama exactly what I was saying in my post.  My roots go deep in the southern soil of my mother's family.  Some were poor dirt farmers, some were land owners , some were higly educated professionals.  All types of people .  But none were redneck buffoons .  They were hardworking people even the poorest .  I am proud of all of them .  As i am sure you are proud of your family. 

Susan

By the way my southern grandmother didn't always pronouce words correctly or have a good education but she was a wonderful god fearing woman.  She could make the best quilts around .  Try to find the stiches in her quilting .  She taught Sunday School most of her life,  After her husband died and left her with three small children she did what ever she could to put food on the table for them.  Worked for a crossroads store , postmaster of a small post office (yes she always said she was a post master !!!)   She buried her son, mother and husband all with in an 18 month period.  She struggled on as did her brothers and sisters.  She managed to get a college education for my mother and secretial school for my aunt in the middle of the depression .  Proud she was my Southern Grandmother.

Last edited on Tue Apr 15th, 2008 10:01 pm by susansweet

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 01:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
ole

Mana: 

The red neck will always reign high in my esteem. My people were farmers. My father's best friends were farmers. All these people had red necks, as it was impossible to shield that part from the sun. So when you say red neck, you bring back Rudy, Eddie, Hans, Jens, Gunder, Herbert and Albert ... some of the finest men who ever trod the earth.

Redneck will never be a term of dishonor here. Not ever.

ole

Last edited on Wed Apr 16th, 2008 01:56 am by ole

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 02:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i come from dirt poor farmers. my ancestors didnt own plantations or slaves, they were doing good to feed their own familys. im proud of my family just as much as anyone else is of theirs.

i have neighbors that came from the north and they always say that we southerners are tacky people. well i say if that is what some people think of southerners i cant change their minds but im gonna be proud of all our so called tacky way. that might be a wrong way to look at something like this but its just the way i feel. i dont believe that im a tacky person nor do i believe that i came from tacky people.

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 02:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
Crazy Delawares

Mana: 

My buddy down in KY considers the term "Redneck" in the same catagory as the "N" word. I can see his point so, I try to refrain from using it anywhere.

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 02:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
j harold 587

Mana: 

I beleive the origin of the term "redneck" was a derogatory term for Irish laborers in New York prior to the Civil War, because as Ole stated your neck gets red doing stoop labor. Which at that time was all the Irish were considered fit for.

To quote Charlie Daniels "a redneck aint nuthin' but a workin' man". 

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 02:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
David White

Mana: 

Actually I've heard it began with Scottish rebels who wore red ribbons or scarfs around their necks to identify themselves as rebels.

Guess I'll edit out my jokes above, didn't mean to offend, wish people took your mindset about Aggie jokes.

Posted: Wed Apr 16th, 2008 04:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
19th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

hey David there was no need to take them off. i loved them. i though they were hilarious. i shared them with my friends and got a lot of laughs from them.

Last edited on Wed Apr 16th, 2008 04:01 pm by Dixie Girl

Current time is 12:06 amPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4398 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 30 queries executed.