Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Scholarships - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore Southern Son. click Here to view this post

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 06:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

he's not the only one who needs scholarships, got any help for me???

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 07:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Cliff,

If you "google" scholarships, you'll find a boat-load!!

If that overwhelms you, narow your google search down; ie, "history scholarships",  "Virgina scholarships", "band scholarships", "corporate scholarships", "Masonic scholarships", "math scholarships", "art scholarships" etc....Then, there is the ever-popular PELL grant (although it is NOT a scholarship).

Good luck!!

Albert Sailhorst

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 07:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

whats a Pell grant?

Posted: Thu Oct 9th, 2008 07:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ for more info and to apply for PELL. Make sure that, after entering your information/registering, that they do not ask to be paid....this is a free application. If the web address is typed incorrectly, you will get to a site that looks exactly like the legitimate site, but wants to charge you a fee. I would encourage any college student to apply....the worst they can tell you is that you're not eligible.

Here is a breif description of what PELL is:

The Federal Pell Grant Program provides need-based grants to low-income undergraduate and certain postbaccalaureate students to promote access to postsecondary education. Students may use their grants at any one of approximately 5,400 participating postsecondary institutions. Grant amounts are dependent on: the student's expected family contribution (EFC) (see below); the cost of attendance (as determined by the institution); the student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time); and whether the student attends for a full academic year or less.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Oct 13th, 2008 05:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

UDC gives scholarships to young men and women.  Check with local UDC to see what the scholarships are .  They have local and State scholarships .  Have to have a relative that fought in the war .

Miss Susan

Posted: Mon Oct 13th, 2008 05:49 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Check your local PTA too , they give scholarships to graduating students that attended their local schools.  I was on the committee at the grade school where I taught.  I made sure one year that one of my former students who really needed it got the scholarship the year she graduated. 

Miss Susan

Current time is 09:45 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1631 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 28 queries executed.