Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Hi folks,

Has anyone seen the movie The Boy in the Striped Pajamas? It's out now on DVD. I just saw it for the first time last night, and it was horrible--and absolutely great!

It's a Holocaust film, and the main character is a German boy of 8 who befriends a Jewish boy of the same age who is a prisoner in the extermination camp the German boy's father is in charge of. It is NOT a comfortable movie, but the acting was great, and the dialogue, as well. No Holocaust movies should be comfortable to watch, and the ending of this one is so disturbing that I keep thinking about it. Yet that's what films about this subject are supposed to do: make you never forget.

I'm alittle partial to the subject, since I teach a unit on the Holocaust as background for The Diary of Anne Frank, which my students read in class. Still, I can honestly say I wouldn't want to watch this film again--but I'll never forget it.

Pam

Posted: Fri Jun 12th, 2009 12:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

"The Grey Zone" is another one that will stay with you for days..well worth a watch.

Current time is 04:32 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4251 seconds (41% database + 59% PHP). 25 queries executed.