Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Something Idle - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 24th, 2006 02:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
David White

Mana: 

So if we were to know without a doubt that the earth is unique to the universe and was the only celestial body capable of sustaining any life would that change non-believers view of the existense of a God.

On the other hand, if we found out there were many other places in the universe with life, would that shake the believer's view of the universe?

Just wanted to post something idle. 

Posted: Fri Feb 24th, 2006 10:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

If earth were found to be the only life-sustaining body in the universe, atheists and agnostics would extrapolate string theory and claim there's actually more than one universe, we just don't realize it yet. People who believe in God would say "see, told ya so".

If we found others life-sustaing bodies existed, atheists and agnostics would say "see, told ya so" and believers in God would fall back to "God works in mysterious ways".

Beliefs won't change, because most people hold the beliefs they're comfortable with, and have no desire to change them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Posted: Sat Feb 25th, 2006 11:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Bill

Mana: 

Getlmen

I think you missed the important point of the whole discussion.

"If earth were found to be the only life-sustaining body in the universe"

God would shake a weary head, and sad of heart, disolve the planet,. Then with fortitude that only God can summon, wander of somewhere else muttering under her breath " why did I ever give men the vote,? Well next time...."

Regards

Bill

Current time is 03:22 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1367 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 25 queries executed.