Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > Army Juniour Reserved Officers Training Corps.

Army Juniour Reserved Officers Training Corps. - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 15th, 2009 07:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

Hello to all! Long time no post I know, I have a new topic though. I am in the Army JROTC, I am going on to being a Let III Cadet (Year Three Cadet). After attending JCLC this summer I learned from A Major their who just so happend was a Yankee reenactor was once an Airborne Ranger. He told us that when he was in JROTC things were alot different and I was just wondering if anyone had any stories from their time in JROTC. I was a graduateing member of Camp Pine Hill, New Jersey JCLC class of 2009. Also any ROTC or even Military stories are welcome. I like hearing stories from people who have done all of this.

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2009 02:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Mark

Mana: 

I commissioned through Army ROTC at James Madision Univserity in 2005.  I think my favorite ROTC story involved a field problem at Warrior Forge 2004 (LDAC, Camp, BOLC 2 I'm not sure what they call it now).  In any case, we were on a squad level movement to contact mission at Fort Lewis, WA and were engaged by one sniper.  The squad leader completely lost it and proceeded to hide behind a log.  The only instructions we could get out of him for the next twenty minutes was him screaming "Broken Arrow, Broken Arrow!!"  I guess he had been watching a little too much of We Were Soldiers.  By the time the O/C finally ended the excerise, that sniper killed all but two of us while the squad leader hid behind a log and cried.  Hopefully he never got commissioned...  Cheers!

Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2009 03:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Reb till death

Mana: 

Yeah I had some pretty odd leaders who did really dumb things alot. It was just sad. At times they would turn to me or someone else and be like uh what do I do??

Current time is 08:15 am
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > Army Juniour Reserved Officers Training Corps.

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3157 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 24 queries executed.