Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Getting weird folks! - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 06:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Strange day. Hurricane on the way. 5.3 magnitude earthquake in Southern Colorado this morning. Now a 6.0 magnitude near Richmond. Veeery strange. Tim K. hope your OK.

Posted: Tue Aug 23rd, 2011 11:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Mother Nature flexing her muscles, Joe. Everytime we mere mortals think we have better things to worry about, she does something to remind us that she's still the one in charge!

Hope everyone stays safe no matter what she throws at us!

Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2011 02:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Sounds like you're suggesting the 2012 thing, javal. Don't believe the interpertations myself. As pam said, just mother nautre reminding us that no matter how much control we may think we have, how much we make thing we understand the planet, there's still plenty of surprises there for us.

Posted: Wed Aug 24th, 2011 03:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
TimK

Mana: 

I was actually 400 miles east of Denver in Grand Island, NE last night, so I didn't know much about the Colorado quake until this afternoon. Nobody in my house felt it - it was centered 180 miles south of Denver, and I don't think it did any damage. It was CO's strongest quake since the early 60's, so not a common occurrence around here.

My son that works in NYC said he felt the building he was working in sway from the VA quake. He said it was a little unnerving.

Strange days indeed.

Posted: Thu Sep 1st, 2011 07:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

Well, now that Irene has come and gone is everyone here whose from the east coast, or anywhere else affected by the strom, ok? Didn't take much of a beating here myself, lost one dead tree to the field in back of the house but that's been it for me. Other parts of the state took a more serious beating.

Sorry to be hijacking the thread Javal, but you did say hurricane on the way in your initial post. Speaking of which. can I add the folks down Virginia way who got hit by the 6.0 and the folks out in Colorado who got hit by the 5.3. Been a while longer since the quakes struck, but depending on what happened some folks from here could just be getting back on.

Current time is 03:27 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1442 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.