Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Southern Gentlemen - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 06:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
181st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Miss Susan, and anyone else who keeps roll here:

Thought I would let you know that I will be gone for at least a week, maybe two.  Not fun stuff, but hopefully, stuff that will pay off in the long run :cool:.  Kinda along the lines of "what don't kill you makes you stonger":(:?;):).

I'll have my laptop with me, and check in when I can, but if you don't hear from me for awhile, I have neither been eaten by Michigan jackalopes nor ceased to love You all.

Miss Susan, hopefully this will not delay the pic's I plan to take for you very long; they are still high on my agenda, and I'll be looking for a nice, relaxing daytrip.

JDC, re Jr's DNF;  I think Smoke got in his eyes.  Poor Smoke weren't trying to do no harm, just running a bad race, spun out, and accidently took out the leader: Mr. Jr. 

If you saw the post-race interviews, Smoke was a lot more upset than Jr.   Smoke seemed pretty beat-up, saying "I'm done with it all, soon as I can do what I need to to retire...."

I'll Miss You All,

JoanieReb

Last edited on Tue Apr 17th, 2007 06:47 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2007 07:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
182nd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Joanie glad you checked in and let us know where you were.  I know we would worry if you don't post . Hope things work out for you what ever it is you are doing. 

check in when you can. 

Susan

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 03:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
184th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Glad you had such a good time .  I loved the attacked by Boy Scouts.  I can just picture it.  Bet you had a great time dancing with the pretty girls. 

Susan

Posted: Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 04:06 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
185th Post
ole

Mana: 

Last edited on Tue Apr 24th, 2007 09:11 pm by ole

Posted: Thu May 3rd, 2007 07:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
188th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Trivia question for Miss Susan:  Which CWi discussion board member and occasional night-owl has a birthday today? 

(hint, it's not me, I'm a winter baby)

Last edited on Thu May 3rd, 2007 07:20 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2007 06:25 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
189th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Thanks Joanie I sent a message wishing the someone a Happy Birthday. 

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 06:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
190th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

From the Sheehan resigns as Iraq war protest leader:

Don't you hate it when that happens? Just spent better than a half-hour responding to Doc's post with rare eloquence and insight. Lost it all for some computerized reason. Oh well. It was important only to me.

Ole

Hate is a mild word under these circumstances!

My daughter and I each have our own computer, but share dial-up, so only one of us can be online at a time

And, since my daughter is 14, computer-savvy, beautiful, popular, has an active social-life, etc., -  if she sees that I am not sitting at my computer during MY online time, she will (very practically, and with my agreement) minimize everything that I have up on my computer, then check her MySpace and IM'ing and all that stuff from my computer, while waiting to get her own back online.  Clever youngers don't waste any sort of computer time if they don't have to, LOL!

And, for some reason, "replies" to this CWi site are fragile.  If I am pacing around thinking about what I am trying to say, or checking references, and my loverly daughter, "Young Miss",  minimizes a reply to CWi that I am working on, that reply "times out" and disappears! And CANNOT be brought back by the usual methods.

But worse, there is one quirky action which is integral to the 'reply mechanism' in CWi that totally erases everything I try to write if I am not careful. This has happened repeatedly: just "Boom!" everything is gone and cannot be brought back.  Has to do with spell-check, preview, then back....

I'm used to having to recover computer-lost data at work, but once you glitch a reply here in the CWi forum, it is just plain gone and connot be retrieved. 

And, I have lost things here that I have put more than a half-hour into when I really want to get to honestly addressing the serious stuff.  I once spent over an hour on a reply to the "Slavery Apology" thread when it was in it's prime, only to have it disappear when Young Miss checked her MySpace without asking!  She almost got grounded for the first time ever! 

I've learned, just keep "copying" any replies here (don't even have to "paste") in case your direct "reply" to CWi glitches out - then you can paste it to notebook or Word or whatever, and start over as need be.

For some forums, I write my reply first in notebook or Word, then copy-and-paste, but for some reason, that makes the font go wrong here, and it won't correct....

Anyway, I would love to hear what you had to say in that lost half-hour...

It's miserable to work so hard on an honest and eloquent answer, then have it just irrevokably disappear... :(

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 02:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
191st Post
ole

Mana: 

Looks like everything from May 4th through yesterday is gone as well. Did your L'il Missy do that too?

Ole

Last edited on Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 02:12 am by ole

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 10:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
192nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D ;):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Aw, Ole,

I'm touched! 

But, as Young Miss likes to point out: "Jest a mite touched".

It's nice to be missed.  I shall have to run away from home more often, LOL!

:):D;)

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2007 11:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
194th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Ole it drives me crazy when I write something only to have it disappear.  Lucky for me they are never earthshattering events that I am writing , nor are they the great american novel just as the title suggest idle chit chat . 

Last edited on Mon Jun 4th, 2007 12:00 pm by susansweet

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2007 04:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
196th Post
SimoneSays

Mana: 

Hello, JD.

Quite a world it is... I'm tracking the messages backwards.  But would really appreciate everyone's input on where to start with all of this.  "All of this" being my new induction to Civil War history.

- Si

┬žimone┬žays ~ I see a lilly on thy brow, / With anguish moist and fever dew; / And on thy cheek a fading rose / Fast withereth too. I met a lady in the meads / Full beautiful, a faery's child; / Her hair was long, her foot was light, / And her eyes were wild. - Keats

Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 12:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
199th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Ha, that's pretty good. And I can't help but feel, also inevitable.

Seriously, glad you found work that's green, challenging, pays well, and makes you happy. What else is there?

Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 02:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
200th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

About time we heard from you JDC . I was getting ready to send out an alert to be on the lookout .  Seriously I had been wondering how you were and what you were doing .  Glad to hear that life sounds good for you. 

Hope you will have time to post here again even on an irregular basis .  You were missed. 

Welcome home , JDC  , Come back often . 

Miss Susan

Current time is 02:05 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4375 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 32 queries executed.