Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

The Battle of Falling Waters, July 14, 1863 - Other Eastern Theater - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 10th, 2005 04:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
george franks

Mana: 

I would like to hear from those of you in this forum who:

- Had a relative - USA (Army of the Potomac) or CSA (Army of Northern Virginia) participated in the Battle of Falling Waters, July 14, 1863 near Williamsport, Md (not to be confused with the one in what is now West Virginia in 1861)

- Have done research on the Battle of Falling Waters - especially specific to the USA and CSA regiments and/or individuals who were engaged in the battle at the end of the Gettysburg Campaign

- Also interested in any physical items that are related to the battle of Falling Waters: uniforms, weapons, flags, saddles, accoutrements, other equipment AND period photographs of participants in the battle.

George Franks

(ggatsby79@yahoo.com)

You have chosen to ignore 6th Michigan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2006 01:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
george franks

Mana: 

Rich,

Thank you.  I would value any information you have on Major Weber, Michigan Cavalry or residents of your area who fought at Falling Waters (1863). 

I have an article on the battle coming out in a few months in STRATEGY & TACTICS magazine.  I hope to have my book complete within the year.

Contact me at ggatsby79@yahoo.com to discuss further.

Thank you and best regards,

George Franks

Posted: Fri Jun 9th, 2006 06:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
J David Petruzzi

Mana: 

Hey George,

Great seeing you this past weekend at the GDG Muster.  Wish we could have spent more time together!

To give you a little update on our book on the Gettysburg Retreat, it's in copyediting right now, and we expect it to be published by October if not a little sooner.  Our website is http://www.ironcladpublishing.com and there'll you see an announcement of it when it's ready.

Best,

J.D.

Current time is 07:07 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2954 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.