Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Pharaoh's Army - Civil War Books - Civil War Entertainment: Books, Movies, Music & Art - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 12:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

I picked this movie up at the $5.50 bin at Wal Mart. Can't really decide if I liked it or not... but well worth $5.50. I will likely donate it to the library.

What it did do was capture the ugliness of the CW... and the moments of compassion. I was very impressed w/ the acting of Chris Cooper... superbly done. I don't see it as all that accurate; no one thing sticks out as wrong... but the thought lingers. That said; far better fare than most of the crap that comes out of Hollywood.

Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 02:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
David White

Mana: 

No equivocation on my part, I thought it was excellent.

Posted: Sun Oct 28th, 2007 12:38 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

This movie was shared a couple of years ago at our book discussion group at the Drum Barracks Civil War Museum.  In December each year we have what we call Movie night.  Bring a movie that has some Civil War connection and share a clip and review of it.  The first year I had a list of movies to get.  One year one of the movies was Pharaoh's Army.  I really thought it was a great movie.  It is based on a true inccident.  Chris Cooper was excellent as was  Patricia Clarkson as the woman. 

I also have found on bagin tables good movies.  Wicked Spring was the best of my finds and was the first movie I shared at movie night .  Filmed in part at the Frontier Farm in Staunton Virginia and at Fort Lee it is the story of soldier north and south that come together one night in the middle of the night , they don't reconize uniforms .  Not enough to tell at night.  The next morning they find themselves in between the two armies fighting in the Wilderness. 

Susan

Current time is 01:14 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2582 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 25 queries executed.