Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Upcoming books on the Civil War - Civil War Books - Civil War Entertainment: Books, Movies, Music & Art - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 15th, 2011 05:10 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Michael F. Blake

Mana: 

This is an article from the LA Times book section about some upcoming books covering the Civil War.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/books/la-ca-civil-war-books-20110306,0,5671827.story

Looks like I might be needing MORE bookcases! :shock:

Posted: Tue Mar 15th, 2011 01:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Norman Dasinger

Mana: 

Not impressed with most of these soon to be released books - based on their titles

Posted: Wed Mar 16th, 2011 12:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Two years ago I read William C. Davis' "A Taste for War: The Culinary History of the Blue and Gray"....which I HIGHLY recomend!!! (mentioned in the article)

Posted: Wed Mar 16th, 2011 01:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

The old saying don't judge a book by it's cover. Though to be honest I'm more likely to judge by the synopsis on the back cover or the inside front and back of a dust jacket. Generally speaking I haven't enjoyed books whose synopsis have not sparked my interest. But title don't generally mean much when I'm looking at a book.

Edit: Accept Devil Tales. Now there was a title that I still wish I had had the money at the time to buy the book because I've never been able to find it since I first saw it. Was an anthology of "devil" stories from various authors. Right now the only one I remember for certain was in it was Washington Irving's The Devil and Tom Walker. Think The Devil and Daniel Webster was also a part of the book

Last edited on Wed Mar 16th, 2011 01:19 am by Hellcat

Posted: Sun Aug 7th, 2011 01:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
skyspinner

Mana: 

You can add this new book by Emily Meier to your list: Suite Harmonic: A Civil War Novel of Rediscovery. Check out her website at http://www.emilymeier.com for new information.

Last edited on Mon Aug 8th, 2011 12:01 am by skyspinner

Current time is 09:05 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1485 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 26 queries executed.