Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

PLEASE HELP! - Help Looking for an individual - Genealogy - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 10th, 2009 07:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
amking4

Mana: 

I would appreciate any help that is provided to me.  I am looking for some information on my gggggrandfather.  His name is Ira W. King, he married Mary Ann Barbee (b. abt 1825 in North Carolina) on 10-10-1861 in Monroe County Arkansas in the town of Rockroe. They had one son Andrew Marshall King (b: 7-2-1862 in Monroe Co, Arkansas ; d: 6-12-1938 in TN).  This was Mary Ann Barbee's second marriage.  Her first husband was Green E. Herndon (b: abt 1820 in NC), They had four children William, Christina, John E., and Mary Etta.  Ira w. King died in the battle of richmond in 1865, but that is all the information that I have on him.  Again any information would be greatly appreciated, my family has been searching for this information for years.  Thanks.

King

Posted: Thu Sep 10th, 2009 08:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

This may help.

http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/soldiers.cfm

Last edited on Thu Sep 10th, 2009 08:14 pm by Old Blu

Posted: Thu Sep 10th, 2009 08:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
amking4

Mana: 

He was in the CSA, my thoughts was that he enlisted in Arkansas because he got married in Monroe County in 1861, but again that could mean nothing, that's just my thought.

Posted: Thu Sep 10th, 2009 11:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

Here is another place.

http://history-sites.com/~kjones/CSar-fl.html#AR-FL.html

Posted: Fri Sep 11th, 2009 01:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Couldn't find your ancestor, Ira W. King, in either the park services sailors and soldiers system or the civil war data system. I looked for him under Arkansas soldiers then went for his name in all of the states data bases. Sorry I could not be of further service to you. Another source would be to post your question on the various geneology blogs, i.e. geneology.com, as you did on cwi.

Doc C

Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2009 10:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
borderuffian

Mana: 

amking4 wrote: I would appreciate any help that is provided to me.  I am looking for some information on my gggggrandfather.  His name is Ira W. King, he married Mary Ann Barbee (b. abt 1825 in North Carolina) on 10-10-1861 in Monroe County Arkansas in the town of Rockroe. They had one son Andrew Marshall King (b: 7-2-1862 in Monroe Co, Arkansas ; d: 6-12-1938 in TN).  This was Mary Ann Barbee's second marriage.  Her first husband was Green E. Herndon (b: abt 1820 in NC), They had four children William, Christina, John E., and Mary Etta.  Ira w. King died in the battle of richmond in 1865, but that is all the information that I have on him.  Again any information would be greatly appreciated, my family has been searching for this information for years.  Thanks.

King

There is no Ira W. King in Confederate records but there is an I. W. King who enlisted at Nacogdoches(sp?), TX, on September 18, 1863, in the 12th (aka 8th) Texas Infantry.  He died of pneumonia at a hospital in Shreveport, LA, April 10, 1864.

That doesn't exactly jive with your information.

Had they moved to Texas?  Did his family show up in the 1870 Census in Texas?

Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2009 10:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
amking4

Mana: 

No this doesnt jive with my records, but I just found out as in last night that his half brother Isaac W King was the one that died at the battle of richmond, we honestly have no proof that Ira ever joined the confederate army. So now I am pretty much stuck, I have the marriage license for Ira and Mary Ann but it doesnt give me much help and I cant find Ira's gravesite anywhere in arkansas. What I do know is that Ira and Betty both died at the same time, and they died of a disease. So I will look into this I. W. King, can you give me a link of his death in LA or any other info on him?

Current time is 12:28 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3622 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 25 queries executed.