Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Lincoln screenplay -- shooting script for Steven Spielberg - Abraham Lincoln - The Participants of the War - Mikitary & Civilian - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Dec 29th, 2013 01:45 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
TeeJayNiles

Mana: 

I have only watched the 2012 feature film "Lincoln" twice and did try to follow the Tony Kushner screenplay (published in 2013 by TCG publishers) -- I don't think that the film is meant to be exactly geared to how actual people would have experienced the time in January 1865 -- there seem to be certain kinds of "political correct" and anachronistic matters that were included. Do you agree or find that the film is quite to your liking / agreement? Thanks from a new member at this Civil War site on the W. W. Web.

Posted: Sun Dec 29th, 2013 04:53 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

You might want to check this thread to see what some members thought of the movie: http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/forums/forum59/3246.html

Edit: Sorry, haven't seen it, just know it's been discussed. We had a problem a few months ago and some of the members may not be returning as they may think the site is dead or they may be in a period where their not posting. Or some of the people who posted on there have been banned. You'll see that the conversation did get away from the movie. Not entirely uncommon, I think.

Last edited on Sun Dec 29th, 2013 04:59 am by Hellcat

Current time is 02:23 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3495 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 24 queries executed.