View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2007 11:35 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Stand on the battery in Charleston and look out at Ft Sumter... it's just a tiny speck. The men at Ft Sumter were impeding nothing. They had enough men for a really good marching band but not a whole lot more. 10 years prior Ft Sumter and the island it sat on hadn't even been there.

I've given you the US point of view. Don't really care if you agree w/ it but hopefully you understand it.

It;s not that I choose not to see the situation from the CS view; it is that I cannot see them in the right, no matter how I look at it.

As to the neighbor anology, even if he arbitrarily moved his property line to encompas my house I believe there is reason for legal recourse prior to a blocade and gunfire don't you. We are a nation of laws, part of the reason we left England was that all too many thought English Law no longer governed in the colonies. That was true.

I see the argument that it was all the fault of the US and I grow weary of it. Thank you for at least acknowledging that the CS was at least as much to blame.

Old Bo had no choices, he had been given his orders and he followed them. I cannot fault him... I fault the leadership that gave him the orders.

Close Window