View single post by Bama46
 Posted: Mon Dec 24th, 2007 12:58 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Bama46
$user_title

Mana: 

Johan,
I agree with virtually everything you said.. Reconstruction, and Jim Crow were abominations and they set the stage for the rece relations we have been trying to deal with ever since.
the one thing I do not agree with is the notion that northernors who move to the south ..Atlanta and florida automatically and immediately become southerners..they don't any more than I become a northerner since I live in Illinois. Like it or not, we are the products of our combined experiences and i could no more erase my southern heritage than I could grow wings and fly. Do I embrace everything about the south..no, but do I embrace the values of the north wholeheartedly..again no

You mention the lynching in Duluth, well, here in Springfield, ILlinois, home town of Abraham Lincoln, we are set to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the Springfield race riots in which the black community was terrorized for several days and more than one person who had done absolutely nothing was killed.
there is a boatload of blame to spread around the entire nation, and nothing is being done to resolve the issues.

Yes, it is Christmas and we have much more to think about than this problem right now, but we cannot ignore and forget it because it will NOT go away.

Close Window