View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Fri Jan 4th, 2008 03:35 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Oh she (US) has/had plenty of faults, I don't see West Virginia as one of them. Or the CW for that matter. West Virginia didn't try to leave the US, Virginia did, in fact West Virginia wanted back in after what many Virginia residents/citizens apparently saw as an illegal seperation done w/out their approval. The only way they saw that happening was to seperate themselves from the CS & Virginia. They felt unrepresented, threatened and powerless to do anything else. Illegal? I don't buy it. I also don't believe Secession is necessarily illegal. But I do believe how the CS went about it was not only illegal but outright treasonous.

In West Virginia's case they, gave Virginia and the CS a taste of their own medicine. Frankly I think the US kind of chuckled at it and went, I can see how this can be made to work and if it hurts our enemies in the process aw shucks.

I look at it more as a spilt of east & west in Virginia similar to the Dakota territory being split into North & South Dakota. Difference was that one was accomplished under fire so to speak.

As to the morals, higher or lower, in the CW... you're kidding right? Both the CS & US had the morals of a drunk alley cat in that time period and frankly trusting either govt would have been folly.

That's my 2 cents. Miss Walker asked, so I gave.

Close Window