View single post by ole
 Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2008 11:43 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

Government is the problem!
It is and it isn't, Bama. We've gptten to a point where we don't get to make the rules anymore. The world needs the oil that we have gone to great lengths to see that it gets it, because if the world don't make money, we don't. We're very much mixed up in how the glogal economy works. That might not be healthy or desirable, but that's where we are. We no longer function without the influence or markets of this globe. Things have changed. We don't make nothing. We buy stuff. And I don't exactly know where we get the money to buy it, but we somehow do.

I don't know where we're going from here. We have the biggest, baddest military force in the world. If we wanted, we could push around almost everyone we wanted to push around. But that day is ending. Something new must be hiding just beyond our grasp. There's a new order lurking out there and we need to be looking for our place therein.

I don't see in our current crop of candidates anyone quite ready to assume the leadership needed to secure our place in world governance. They niggle and waffle. I see none of them ready to meet our challenges for the future. We can dither with rights and universal pacifiers, but we seem to have forgotten where we want or ought to be on a global scale. That is where we ought to be focussed.

There is going to be some major fighting before the world settles into something even and placid. And I'd rather it involved more than American blood to make that happen. Unfortunately, it seems that we are the only ones who care.

ole

Close Window