View single post by 39th Miss. Walker
 Posted: Tue Jan 8th, 2008 01:41 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
39th Miss. Walker

Mana: 

You know I find you two absolutely amazing. While much of what you have written is correct Ole it comes from a very shortsighted, biased point of view. You conveniently leave out much and don't look at the whole picture.

Johan on the other hand, I never accused or insinuated you smoke pot, you put that gem into your mind. Your favorite expression was "smoke and mirrors" so I referred to your avatar. Talk about a brick wall. Why have you continued to bring up "facts and figures" I never posted, nor are based in fact? I see nothing more than a cut and paste artist.

The problem is you guys want to try and deny 50 to 60 years of history. My aim was not to take a side but to educate that the causes of the war were many, varied and very complicated. I have never for a minute posted that the tariffs were the cause of the war, nor even the major cause. I am under no allusions as to the many real causes. What I do try and do is to show the correlation between the many causes.
I don't give a rats behind about what someone has posted over 33 pages on another site about the tariff issue. 70% was biased, junk economics, from both sides.

While I am Southern, which puts me automatically in the Lost Cause, loser category, I am proud of my ancestry. I am proud of my heritage on both sides of the family, North and South, I am proud to be an American.  That being said the propaganda perpetrated from the Northern point of view has been just as biased, as anything the Lost Cause movement espoused.

If you guys can't see the whole picture and read a post for what it is and insist on snipping and tearing apart each post then maybe I am wasting my time.

If you think the pablum fed you that the South was nothing more than an evil empire of dirt poor red necks and brandy sniffing aristocrats, well so be it. What a shame.

To others reading this, sorry for the rant. It is situations like this that cause so many not to post. I have been coming to this site for about a year and a half before I posted my first comment. Maybe I didn't do my homework as well as I should.

Close Window