View single post by Fuller
 Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2008 09:06 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Warning!  Proud mommy moment!

I went to read to my 7 year old son for our bedtime stories the other night and he grabbed a DK book on the Presidents of the U.S. off his bookcase.  We went through all the Presidents and he asked a couple questions here and there until we got to Lincoln.  He grabbed the book and was looking at it with a look I'm all too familiar with (on my face).  You know, that intense glazed over look?  He asked, "He was President during the Civil War, right?"  He asked some more basic questions and then said, "I'll be back."  He went down to my books and grabbed a "Civil War Visual Encyclopedia" off my bookcase and then really went to town asking questions.  Some of them were pretty deep when asking about why the war started. *side note* (my relatives were all Union but I was raised to have a well rounded education on the war and I would like to think I don't ooze with a bias point of view.  I'll leave it up to him to form opinions)  He really liked the cannons and the swords of course.  Our little bedtime reading ritual lasted for several hours.  It was so fun to see him with that glimmer of interest.  He's a couple years younger than I was when the bug bit me.  It's great because I will never bond with him over football or baseball, I'm just the driver, photographer and cheerleader when it comes to that. So this is our hobby, not just mine anymore.

Yes, I am bragging and grinning from ear to ear. 

:D

Close Window