View single post by TimHoffman01
 Posted: Tue Jan 15th, 2008 01:23 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
TimHoffman01

Mana: 

From a Happy Dad to a Proud Mom:

Congratulations! another one sets out on a life-long journey!  Well, we can only hope anyhow.  I know what you mean.  My son (8) is more into Harry Potter right now, but he does show interest with some of my shows and books.  The other day Myth Busters was trying to see if they could smack two minnie balls into eachother and have them drop.  I told him I'd seen them afterwards.  That caused a late night internet search for photographic evidence.  You've probably seen some of my posts, you'll realise that some of my happiest moments as a kid were going to the parks with mom or dad.  I'm trying to give that to my kids without ramming it at them and turning it off.  My wife couldn't care less.  Our gener roles are not out of the Cleaver's book.  I cook, she watches football.

Having said that, my kids are the only ones in their classes ever to sponge out a 12-pounder (courtessy of the NPS).  Some of his fellow cub scouts loved hearing about it.  I keep hoping.  The DO seem to like going out with me on my periodic treks.  Rather have him out hiking then stuck to his Nintendo DS.  My wife DOES agree with that one.

Close Window