View single post by David White
 Posted: Tue Mar 21st, 2006 03:43 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
David White

Mana: 

Javal:

Since the steam engine was an English invention and the internal combustion engine was a German invention we couldn't include those.  I still like mine the best because it leads to yours and was akin to the Indian getting the horse (hey maybe that should be added to the list of things that changed America ;)).  It changed the life of average Americans and effected his mobility, caused people to leave home and not stay in their neighborhood, things as innoucuous as fast food came from that mobility (has that not made us all fat), so many things came from Americans having affordabale automobiles it had tremendous effect.

Re: Vietnam do you not like that event as a changing one or my editorial comments about it?  If the former I would say that Vietnam changed attitudes of mistrust about government long before Watergate and every military action or threat of military action since has been compared to Vietnam and as long as the fourth estate is spinning it, everyone will be too. 

Susan, good call on the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, I bump the Scopes Monkey Trial off mine and steal that one from you.

Last edited on Tue Mar 21st, 2006 03:49 pm by David White

Close Window