View single post by Fuller
 Posted: Mon Jan 21st, 2008 04:27 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

My ancestors were all Union (that I have found).  I naturally gravitate to the history of their regiments and the battles they were involved with and I am extremely proud of their service.  What I really enjoy doing is in turn, researching the Confederate regiments that were there at the same battles to get the whole perspective of things.  It would be very unwise of me to only limit myself to one side of things.

Every family has skeletons in their closet.  I am taking a course on searching out your ancestors at the moment.  The last class was about digging through the biased oral and written histories your family might have on relatives.  Stories could have changed over the years to blur out certain events.  No one wants stories about deserters in their family history.  My feeling is that if I was to find that out, I would wonder what brought that person to that point in their life.  How could I possibly judge? ...after all...my offspring will be studying my life history as well :shock:

Close Window