View single post by aphill
 Posted: Tue Jan 29th, 2008 02:49 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
aphill
Lee's forgotten general

Mana: 

I have a set of print Official Records and quite a collection of books, mainly on the Eastern theater, but covering nearly all aspects of the War.  Some are fairly rare.

I recently wrote my will.  I don't have much.  My books are one of my major possessions.

My best friend is a Civil War student too, so I am offering him first crack at the books. Then I will offer my family the next crack at them. I imagine the ones I consider special, they (both my friend and family) would too.  The rest, I am leaving to the local library to do as they wish with them.  If they choose not to loan them out or they are duplicates, I assume they will sell them which raises money for the library system -- which in my opinon is a good cause.  It doesn't really bother me as to what precisely happens to them ... I would just like them to hopefully be of benefit to someone, somehow, but the exact way they benefit isn't really that important to me personally.  And after all, it's not like I can take them all with me. 

- Jenny

Close Window