View single post by JoanieReb
 Posted: Fri Feb 15th, 2008 06:44 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Woops, missed Kj's post!  Bad Joanie, No cookie!

"So, how many of you watched Junior win the first of the Twin 150s today? Was that boy happy, or what? So far, since he's joined the Hendricks team, he's 2 for 2. Can he make it 3 for 3 this weekend? That would just make my day."

It's recorded and I am going to savor it.  Three-for-three would be like a sweet hollywood movie, only 1000 times better.  I love my Smoke, but Jr. has won me over, bigtime, with the way he has handled the last year.  Quite a man, that Jr.!

"By the way, I'm happy to see that NASCAR's decided to lighten up on things like language. I'm not promoting vulgarity, but an occasional hell or damn, especially in the heat of the moment, is all right in my book."

Yep - now they're saying that passion is what makes the sport, and they won't censor the passion anymore, within reason - I guess they're remembering that what brought NASCAR to prime viewing was the Cale Y./Donnie A. fisticuffs.  If they made The Drivers and The Sport any more clean then it was, I'd be gone.  This isn't Sunday School.  It is racin', and it is passionate. 

"And I got to hear a little of it today when Kenny Wallace was being interviewed and several hells snuck out. But Herman was so happy! And I see and hear a whole lot worse watching prime time TV!"

Oh, man, Kj, we talked about The Herminator making it in on another thread.  Cain't wait to see the tape! 

Last edited on Mon Feb 18th, 2008 07:16 am by JoanieReb

Close Window