View single post by Shadowrebel
 Posted: Wed Apr 19th, 2006 12:55 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Shadowrebel

Mana: 

Indy,

I meant no disrespect to your use of my post. I thought you misunderstood it. Sorry.

I agree this thread has gone in different directions. Which is not bad. You are right they were buried with the Confederate flag. Some family members did not what the U.S. flag used at the burial. This is not a frist. Many other war dead were buried without the U.S. flag being present. It should be up to the families. This is what I meant by using the American flag.

I was unaware that for a nation to be soverign the U.S. govt. had to recognize it. The government has at times not recognize many nations. Nor does any nation have to recognize a nation to make it soverign.

Justice Chase: Jefferson Davis refused to request a pardon because he wanted a public trial to prove that the Constitution provided for secession. S. Chase, Supreme Court Justice, said "we better not. A trial might conclude that the north invaded a sovereign nation." He may not have be Chief Justice at this time.

As I am sure you are aware, if the Constitution does not specify something it is a State right. Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Since secession is not covered by the Constitution no one can show you the procedure to secede. No one has shown me what stops a state from seceding. Since secession is not covered in the Constitution it is reserved as a state right, therefore it is up to the state to decide how to implement its' right, not the Constitution to tell the state how to secede. Most, if not all, the states that agreed to the creation of the Federal govt. and the Constitution did so with a clause to the effect the power of government could be taken back by the people. New York, in her resolutions of ratification, declared -- "That the powers of government may be resumed by the people, whensoever it shall become necessary to their happiness:

Thank you for your post.

Regards

John

Close Window