View single post by MAubrecht
 Posted: Thu Apr 20th, 2006 05:08 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
MAubrecht

Mana: 

Thanks for moving this thread.

I am curious to know if anyone has read the Kennedy's book "The South Was Right". I have not, but I understand that it presents an argument for legal secession? Is this true? If so, I'm curious to hear what they say.

Also, I was VERY saddened by the article posted on the CWi site today about the political decline of the SCV's membership and administration due to a "radical racist" agenda. Now, the article was posted on the Southern Poverty Center website (who I am unfamiliar with) and ultimately presented a single point of view, but was VERY well researched and written. Therefore, IF it is true - it is a real shame.

I know that many SCV supporters (myself included) do not share this radical ideology, and it makes it EXTREMELY difficult to "stand up" for them (and the flag), when this is what the public perceives.

It's like being a member of the Republican party and trying to stick up for GW Bush - I tried for years and I just can't do it anymore. He keeps proving me wrong. Hope the SCV doesn't follow his lead. NOTE: sorry to get political - not my intention - AND I don't want to take that road. I just thought that it made a good analogy :D

Last edited on Thu Apr 20th, 2006 05:10 pm by MAubrecht

Close Window