View single post by Johan Steele
 Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2008 03:57 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

If someone dealt w/ you in that way how would you react? That is the question I ask of anyone. Where I mod I have often told people to preview their post before they post it and ask themselves if someone talked to them that way would they be offended. Doesn't usually work, but it's an attempt.

Any joke can be taken too far; especially if the intent isn't to make the receipiant laugh but to injure.

For me it stems from a childhood where I was bullied and the butt of many a mean joke, one incident taught me that I could beat the tar out of the bullies and from that point on I did repeatedly. Oddly the jokes stopped, I still despised the people who had made them. I came to the realization that many jokes were made on my account because people thought there would be no repurcussions. When I proved them wrong, violently, it was of course my fault.

Going after someone behind there back is one thing, but putting them in the joke and including them in the laughter is something else; we all need to be able to laugh at ourselves and never take ourselves too seriously.

Close Window