View single post by 26th N.C
 Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2006 01:06 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
26th N.C

Mana: 

When dealing with racism and Confederate flags, I would have to say that it depends on which Confederate flag you are refering to. The Confederate Battle flag, in my opinion, is a symbol of racism. Certain groups have tarnished what the battle flag symbolizes. This flag doesn't symbolize the effort of the brave men that fought and died for what they believed in. Instead, it has become a symbol of racism. The Stars and Bars, and the second and third national flag, on the other hand, do not symbolize racism. For example, if someone were to hold up one of these 3 flags in a crowded area, nobody would think much about it. But the instant that same person raises up the battle flag, people around this person may begin to wonder if he/she is racist. I feel that it is quite disappointing that this historic flag is known only to the average person on the street as a symbol of racism. In conclusion, it depends on which Confederate flag you are refering to when it comes to being a symbol of racism.

Last edited on Sun Apr 23rd, 2006 02:16 pm by 26th N.C

Close Window