View single post by Bama46
 Posted: Wed Mar 12th, 2008 03:35 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Bama46
$user_title

Mana: 

DG,

I would like to respond to your comments about spelling, punctuation and grammar.

At age 14 you and your friends have your own language and ways of expressing yourself. Part of that is to make certain adult s can't understand what you are saying.

Adults also have our language and ways of expressing ourselves and we have a set of rules to help us present clear communication that can be understood by all who read it. Those rules are spelling, grammar and punctuation. As you get older, you will find it more and more difficult to make yourself understood by others, if you do not know those rules and follow them. That is why Susan was trying to get you to correct your post...she could not understand what you were trying to say... and neither could I. I have read your post several times and still don't understnd what you are trying to say.

No one is jumping on you, we just want to see you suceed and know that you cannot without learning the rules of clear communication.

An example of what I am trying to say is this.. Can you read a map? If so, you know that there are standard symbols that represent certain things on a map. North is represented by an Arrow, rivers and streams by blue lines of various widths, roads by lines of various types, etc.

If, all of a sudden, you needed to follow a map that had none of the symbols you recognize, then you would have a very difficult time getting where you want to go.

It is the same with language, the rules of spelling, grammar and punctuation are like the symbols on a map..they keep all of us on track and going the same direction.

Does this make any sense?

Ed

Close Window