View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Mon Mar 17th, 2008 08:12 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

Bama I remember the others too and have been wondering the same thing you mentioned. 

When Martin was killed I had to go to student teaching in East L.A.  I was living in South Central L.a. at College at the time.  I drove though the center of LA.  Everyone had their lights on in memory of Martin.

As to Bobby I had seen him and his motorcade getting on to the freeway in Downtown L.a. with Bobby sliding down into the seat in back as they got on .  This was the day before he was killed .  I use to sleep with the radio on .  In the middle of the night I woke up to hear Kennedy has been shot.  I thought I was dreaming .  Turned out as I became more awake it was no dream, it was another nightmare. 

I had been at the Ambassador Hotel just the year before in the same ball room where Kennedy held his celebration and left to go into the kitchen where he was shot.

I don't remember as much detail when Wallace was shot , just individual flashes of memory of the shooting .  Not when or what I was doing .

Susan

Close Window