View single post by MAubrecht
 Posted: Thu Apr 27th, 2006 01:09 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
MAubrecht

Mana: 

javal - I can attest to the fact that most of the gas stations around here (Fredericksburg) seem to raise their prices slightly as tourist season approaches (at least that is my theory). For instance, I get on/off at the Thornburg Exit everyday (which is where the Stonewall Jackson Shrine is) and I pay between 2.65-2.85 (or 90) a gallon (on average). Three times a week I drive past the Fredericksburg battlefield and sometimes Chancellorsville and Spotsy (depending on family activities) and the gas is slightly higher most of the time. As you get close to Old Town Fredericksburg, they are cheaper (as many people park and walk everywhere), but the closer you get to any I-95 exit, the more you pay. This is understandable as many tourists get off there to fill up on the way to other destinations, but to us locals, it really hits us in the wallet. Its to the point now where people debate whether to fill up their cars and trucks, or their lawn tractor, boat, or other "vehicles." I own 2 SUVs and I'm really paying the price!

Last edited on Thu Apr 27th, 2006 01:09 pm by MAubrecht

Close Window