View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Tue Mar 25th, 2008 01:20 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Susan, you actually met Bonds! What a thrill! I imagine he is a very interesting person. Now that I've brought up his book, I am tempted to reread it, because I'm facing some space limitations at the moment and can't just keep buying more and more books. So rereading past favorites is an occupation now. Besides everytime I read one again I learn more and have a different perspective.

The drive you mention from Chattanooga to Atlanta is so beautiful and filled with Civil War history every single mile. Too bad there are so dang many eighteen wheelers on the road competing for space and attention, disturbing the peace and beauty. Just think of the cast of characters who marched that area...Cleburne, Hardee, Wheeler, Johnston, Hood, Sherman, Stoneman, Hooker, Howard, Thomas, Polk, McPherson...on and on. The latter two died there as did thousands of others.

Speaking of Buster Keaton's movie, I was reading reviews of Fess Parker's movie at Netflix and several reviewers did, in fact, mention how much better Keaton's version was. Now I have to see that one.

Next we'll have to figure out who we would cast in the various roles when Bonds' movie is filmed. I say Christian Bale for James Andrews.

Close Window