View single post by renee
 Posted: Tue Apr 8th, 2008 07:24 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
renee

Mana: 

I've been reading the posts and the 'Today's Civil War News' for sometime and decided to quit lurking and speak up.

I live in Texas and have been interested in the Civil War now for about 5 years.  I'm a UDC member (United Daughter's of the Confederacy), belong to a Civil War Roundtable in our area, and enjoy working on my genealogy and tracking down all my ancestor's who participated in the war both North and South.  99%  of my ancestor's fought for the South- mostly from MS and AL.  The two I've discovered who fought for the North were both from AL.  Funny thing is, after joining the UDC I organized my first grave marker dedication and it was for one of my Union ancestor's.  I'm hoping to do the same for my Confederate ancestor's in the future, but is hard to plan from out of state.

I've also traveled to as many battlefields as I could manage over the last few summers, taking my young son along with me.  He's more interested in WW2 for some reason, but I keep hoping... This obession has only grown over time and no end in sight. I could go on and on, but that's probably good for now. Renee

Close Window