|View single post by Dixie Girl|
|Posted: Sat Apr 12th, 2008 03:35 am||
|CMT (yall know what that is right) counted down the most memorable redneck moments. some of yall city folk might not be able to relate to our glorious lack of sophistication but there is a lot of people (especially from the south that will)
20. Faith fusses at friendly fan. ok some one grabbed Tim McGraw and she cussed them out on stage. the best part is she never stopped dancin while she did it. now thats class.
19. Bill Monroe gives a Bible thumpin'. Bill Monroe supposedly hit his ex with a Bible. it became a big thang but that was before my time so i dont know that much about it.
18. Hee Haw premiers. Hee Haw is one of the best shows. its so simple and the jokes are kinda corny but there was some great singers on there and it was funny
17. Dick Cheney goes huntin. Dick Cheney shot his huntin buddy in the face while they were huntin. well i dont wanna go huntin anywhere near Dick Cheney.
16. Achy Breaky dance craze. Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart song is just about the only one anybody remembers him singin. its a great song to sing to and i swear to this day i know people that still line dance to that song.
15. Gretchen Wilson releases Redneck Woman. the theame song for a lot of women. it is one of the few songs that say "you know what this is who i am and im proud of it"
14. The Dollar Store. the dollar store is the rednecks Macy's. you walk in there with 50$ and you get 50 thangs. how great is that?
13. Dukes fest. a place where you meet the cast of the Dukes of Hazzard (the real cast not the movie) wreck cars and have fun. one day ill get to one of the Dukes Fests.
12. C.W. McCall rolls out Convoy. that has to be one of my favorite songs ever. that is the song that made truck drivin cool.
11. Big Mouth Billy Bass. the sangin fish. i have one plus the sangin duck and deer head. everybody need one of these. they amuse me for hours.
10. Urban Cowboy Fashions. the cowboy look inspired by John Travolta in Urban Cowboy. that look followed the whote suits from Stayin Alive
9. Billy Beer. President Carters little brother invinted Billy Beer. he had to have beeen so proud of him. some of you older members might remember this.
8. Jerry Lee Lewis' Baby Marriage. 30 some year old Jerry Lee married his 13 year old cousin Myra and when people heard about that his career went down the toilet. personally i dont see what everybody got their panties in a knot over. they were keepin it in the family and age shouldnt matter in a relationship.
7. Hank Jr. gets rowdy. the party that inspired the video All My Rowdy Friends Are Comin Over Tonight. that has to be one of his best songs and i know all the words to it.
6. George Jones Lawnmower Ride. nothing more has to be said. George Jones ridin his lawnmower to the liquer store. now thats a dedicated alcholic
5. Blue Collar Comedy Tour kicks off. Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry The Cable Guy and Ron White four of the best commedians celebrating rednecks and all the stuff we do.
4. Mullets sweep the nation. business in the front and party in the back. the mullet says hey im employable but i also know how to have a good time. it aint the prettyest hairdo but its good for men women and children
3. 1st double wide ever made. most people live in these thangs and i aint knockin it cause i live in one to. i think it said they came out in the 40's and have been popular ever sinse.
2. Moonshine runners invint NASCAR. personally i think this oughta been number one. the best sport ever made is NASCAR. its a Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks
1. Jeff Foxworthy says You Might Be A Redneck. it aint no you night for me its i AM a redneck and proud of it. the best part of Foxworthy is he speaks the truth but he makes it funny.
now yall comment all ya want to. i thew my thoughts in here and there but i also used some of the stuff they said on tv.
Last edited on Tue Apr 15th, 2008 06:06 pm by Dixie Girl
War Means Fighting And Fighting Means Killing - N. B. Forrest When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Stonewall Jackson