View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Fri Apr 18th, 2008 11:50 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

susansweet wrote: hmmmm Elvis was born in Tupelo Mississippi and Andrew Jackson was born in South Carolina .  Davy and Al were born in Tennessee. 

Now Dolly Parton was born in Tennessee as was Loretta Lynn.

(But Elvis died at and is buried at Graceland in Memphis, TN. I have visited his home and grave.)

BACK to EARTHQUAKES:  One time in Venezuela, Hubby, my eldest son and I were having a very heated argument at the top of the stairs of all places. Suddenly a very bad earthquake hit and the entire house was rocking like a cruiseship in a Cat 3. We could hear the walls grinding and had little confidence the house would remain standing.

Well, that argument ended  FAST.  We forgot what it was about and the three of us ran down those stairs so fast and out of the house at the breakneck speed. In fact, we were skipping steps as we ran down the stairs, taking two and three at a time.

That city had been totally flattened by a severe eathquake in the 1800s. We weren't going to stay inside while we waited to find out if this one would be a repeat. All our neighbors were outside too and spent the night outside.

Close Window