View single post by Tecumsah
 Posted: Fri Jun 2nd, 2006 05:23 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Tecumsah

Mana: 

Javel---You hit the nail right on the head. That is exactly what I meant. The "new SCV" is all about hypocrisy, not only when it comes to the flag but in other areas as well. Camps of the SCV are removing the US Flag and the Pledge from their meetings. They have opposed a Union Monument at Bentonville. They opposed the Lincoln statue in Richmond even though it represents an historical event and not a political idealogy. They opposed a resolution by Former Virginia Gov. Gilmore because it included ALL of Viriginia's Civil War Sons-Union and Confederate-Black and White. The list goes on and on. Just a month or so ago they refused to support a living history weekend in Suffolk because it included Union reenactors. It's time to let them know that this hypocrisy will be exposed and condemed. They are always screaming about the lack of respect the Rebel Flag gets. What do they expect when they won't stand up to these white supremacist groups that wave that flag in everyone's face and spew hate? I agree with the Union Veterans Union position on the Rebel Flag. It belongs at proper Confederate Memorial Services, historically accurate reenactments and museums. It does not belong on public buildings and it does not belong in the hands of groups like the Klan, the CCC, and the League of the South. The SCV will have no credibilty until they finally come out and oppose this nonsense. The Klan rally at Antietam is a golden opportunity to take a stand. I won't hold my breath.

Close Window