View single post by ole
 Posted: Tue May 13th, 2008 03:23 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

TimK:

It is not so much the arrogance that he apparently displayed toward the inaccuracies of the diorama, but in the offense of the children who put it together.

I have yet to run across a freakazoid whose first concern isn't what kind of history is being taught to our children -- just that something is being taught. And here we have some kind of history being taught (does it really matter, so long as they get interested?) and it is erased! So the doggone thing is not exactly accurate! These are teeners! Exactly the kind of people we want in these hallowed halls to hash out whatever it is we want to consider as actual history.

Whether the man was right or wrong is not at issue. What is at issue is the killing of a few potential historians. The death of potential.

We all have, on our pedestals, some historians we revere as having all the facts in their possession. And then this one blows the whole thing, arbitrarily. Without, what I've seen, a scholarly explanation. This is not a teacher. Just a boob who's written a book, and is therefore entitled to destroy a generation of fine youngers.

Don't know about you, but I'd be hard pressed to resist a vigilante movement. Nowdays, the vigilates will concern themselves with having a hard censure and a demand for restoration.

Don't want to break a man's rice bowl, but his judgement in this case is brought into some harsh question.

Am pleased to not that Texas is on his case. You pays your money and you takes your chances. And may God have pity on him, for I have none.

ole

Close Window